Contingency plans (unfinished)

Meet parents in grocery store: leave items in cart, leave store. Do not engage. 

See parents on street, public places: avoid. Do not engage. 

Parents come to church when we are there: get kids and leave discreetly. If they try to talk to us, ignore them. 

Meet unexpectedly at a social gathering, such as with my brother. Get kids, leave the gathering. 

In all cases:
  • If they try to talk to us, walk by, ignore
  • If they sneak up behind me and give me a hug, extricate self, and leave. It is OK to express anger such as, “Don’t touch me!” Or “Get off of me!”
  • If they follow, say loudly, “leave me alone. Stop following me!”
  • If they begin yelling at me, turn and walk away. Do not engage. 
  • If they become violent, walk to car. Do not try to drive car with them in front or near. If they block access, lock doors, call police. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 6 thoughts

The Scapegoat

Gifts in wartime

Sowing and reaping...

Review: A Christian's Guide to No Contact

21 rules of no contact