The End

I think that it is time for me to draw this blog to a close.



I wanted to send out a note to thank everyone who has been reading along. During these very intense six months, this blog has helped me to:

1) Define and clearly understand certain terms such as narcissism, psychopathy, evil and "no contact"
2) To comprehend and find some level of healing for my difficult childhood
3) To decide, and become very comfortable with my decision of cutting off all contact with my own parents

I am feeling a shift in myself since:
1) I no longer have the desire to talk or think at length about my parents. I have to stifle the urge to yawn when they are brought up. I feel like a veil pulls over my mind's eye when I think about them. It's not fun to think about such wicked people, and there does not seem to be new or relevant things to think about. 
2) I do not feel a desire to go deeper into the key issues of this blog, such as the nuances of narcissism, psychopathy, emotional incest, etc. I know enough. I'm moving on.
3) Editing my old posts and doing housekeeping on this blog now feels far too much like work. That is usually a sign that a blog has, for me, reached its natural conclusion

My mind is now moving strongly in the direction of...

1) How religious abuse plays out in the church
2) How I have been harmed by and (gulp!) silently enabled religious abuse
3) How the church and Christian theology can and should be reformed, taking narcissistic dynamics into account

I have several ideas for books which excite me a great deal. So far (as seen by the number of "unfinished" posts of late), my work in this direction does not translate well into blog format. I need to write drafts, rewrite them, research them more, and rewrite them. Such is the way of books.

Please subscribe to this blog, and keep tuned. If and when I ever write said books, I will send a link to them as a post. If you would like to help me by receiving drafts as I write them, please feel free to contact me at ishmael bar jonah @ gmail . com

I want to thank you all for accompanying me on this tremendous journey. 

I could not have done it without you.

Thank you

- Ishmael BarJonah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 6 thoughts

The Scapegoat

Meeting my pastor/mentor

Signed Affidavit

Sowing and reaping...

21 rules of no contact