Sowing and reaping...

I recently was thinking about my parents. What will they feel when I completely disown them?

I am a naturally compassionate person. I keep thinking of the pain it would cause me were I in their shoes. The pain it may cause them. I don't like these thoughts. I don't want to cause anyone pain.

But then, the thought came to me, “well…what do they expect?” Really…what do they expect?

After treating me this poorly for this long…if they don’t on some level expect this, then they are really out of touch.

It’s like mistreating a dog for years, and all of a sudden it bites you. 

Like neglecting a car for years, and it leaves you stranded.

Neglect, control, and abuse a child, and one day, he will reject you and chose to live his own life.

What were you expecting, exactly…?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 6 thoughts

The Scapegoat

Meeting my pastor/mentor

Signed Affidavit

21 rules of no contact