A potential foreword for a memoir

Everything I have written in this book is emotionally true. I have done my best to also be accurate to recent psychological definitions. 

Some details have been omitted or changed to shelter me from libel charges. 

As you can see from this book, it is on the one hand my studied position that I was raised in a narcissistic, spiritually abusives, and emotionally dysfunctional home. It is also true that my household was sadly typical, and not very much out if the ordinary. I am not accusing my parents of anything criminal or especially outrageous. I have no interest in defaming them, but neither am I willing to silence myself. These are my memories, this is my life story. 

The memories that I recount are true. Many things were done that aught not have been done. They left marks on me: marks which took many years and much work to heal from, and to find freedom. 

This is my liberation story. 

I hope that it can lead others to freedom as well. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 6 thoughts

The Scapegoat

Gifts in wartime

Sowing and reaping...

Review: A Christian's Guide to No Contact

21 rules of no contact