Gossip...?


I had a guilty thought that turned to humour. 

Am I gossiping? Putting this material out on Facebook? Trying to send out rippling vibes of my perspective? Is thus wrong?

Then a chuckle started inside of me. 

“All I am doing us calling out evil, abuse and narcissism. I am not naming names!”

...but...if the shoe fits, wear it. 

It seems pretty plain to me that flying monkey #1 knows exactly who I am talking about. But isn’t this an indication of how evil they are? I have not named names. I did mention overbearing parents: but that could easily have applied to situations of my students, or the situation in general. 

I am finding this very funny. I sense that I am not conveying it: but it is funny! 

“You’re gossiping about your parents.”

“No I’m not. I’m just drawing attention to evil and narcissism.”

“Yes, but I know you’re taking about your parents!”

“How?”

“...”

“Tell me, how?”

“...”

“Because...they’re evil and narcissistic...?”


“Well, no I mean...”

“All I’m doing is calling attention to these issues. If the shoe fits, wear it. I am opposed to evil, not people. If evil people feel fingered, perhaps theyd best change their behaviour? Rather than shoot the messenger. 

But at any rate, what I am doing is not gossip, so long as I resist the urge to finger them directly. 

The question of how or if to eventually write a full memoir of some sort will be another question entirely. But simply drawing attention to these issues is definitely not gossip. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 6 thoughts

The Scapegoat

Meeting my pastor/mentor

21 rules of no contact

Signed Affidavit

What has been tried?