Leaking the truth...?

Thought: Maybe I am going about this wrongly, thinking about some sort of grand reveal. This last interchange with a flying monkey on Facebook seemed perfect. Maybe I can just keep doing that? Maybe I could do a few podcasts again. I really want to do interviews with people. And I can start to talk a little bit about what is going on in my life. However, it does seem a little bit normal to not talk about what is happening right exactly now. People tend to talk more about what happened more in the past. It is normal for public speakers to keep a little bit of a veil of silence over their current lives. That just makes sense.

However, for example, I have been wanting to do podcasts on finances. My childhood would definitely come up. Someone wants to be interviewed, to promote their book. The book sounds really interesting. Most of it will be talking about him and his book, but I may relate to it in terms of my own childhood, versus the adult decisions which have been wiser. 

Bit by bit, the truth can leak out. Not all at once, with something that my parents could react to. But little comments here and there. A hint somewhere in a two hour podcast. A sermon illustration that wasn’t even the point of the sermon. Just thrown in there. Because it fit. Because it is my story.

Piece by piece, with no sense of vengeance or rancor, with nothing definitive that I have come out with, slowly the story will emerge. And if they want to respond to that? Well how petty is it to sort through ours an hours of Podcasts to find that one comment that wasn’t even that bad? There is less for them to feel offended by. But it would be like a slow creep. And slowly more and more of my childhood would become public knowledge and part of my public ministry.

There is a certain genius in this plan that I very much like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 6 thoughts

The Scapegoat

Meeting my pastor/mentor

21 rules of no contact

Gifts in wartime

Sowing and reaping...