Leaking...

Yesterday I posted:

Today I posted:


Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) affects around 17% of the general population. If you have ever worked with a very difficult person, who fits these characteristics, you may have dealt with a narcissist. Statistically, adults with NPD almost never change, and their destructive behaviours cause others to need to set very tough boundaries, often including going no contact.

***
This is faster than I meant to, but it feels right. Those close to me can put the pieces together now, already. Those far away can begin to guess some of my issues. 

It feels empowering to get some of my side of the story out. It is my life, damnit! I’m allowed to speak!

And now, the abusers do not have power to shame me through threatening to break the image of idyllic family life, or through only sharing their side. 

I also know that this story will help so many others who are not able to speak. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 6 thoughts

The Scapegoat

Meeting my pastor/mentor

Signed Affidavit

Sowing and reaping...

21 rules of no contact